Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Doodads, surroundings, and word mix-ups,


Life is so funny. 

Ever think about all the funny things that happen during one day? Or are you too "plugged in" to notice them? 

Take a minute to think about the silly things that surround you every day! 

Opportunity is also another thing that is constantly around us and is always changing. Whenever you come in contact with anything, that is an opportunity. You choose the outcome, whether it's with an object or a person, you choose how you act/react. Do you ever wonder what life might be like if you chose another profession? Or another city to live in? Where might you be?

The inventors of pens really needs to get a big 'ole hug! I seriously do not like pencils, so sketchy... you can never depend on them fully! But pens, oh yeah, pens... they get the job done! In so many different colors and thickness. Such a great joy I have when using a powerful pen. It really determines how awesome I write. One day I will have so many pens that I will designate each to separate tasks! Like one for writing checks (although I'm quite certain that will be long gone by the time I have special pens), making name tags, signing important legal documents, to-do list (one color for each activity/day?), work pens.... and so on. Doesn't that sound glorious?

Some of my professional workplace passions include:
- a good task-list, one with priority settings
- a planner/schedule with enough room to write daily activities and goals
- solid looking excel spreadsheet for all my graphs and charts
- reminders around my dual-screen computer monitors
- dual screen computer monitors :)

Kleenex, what a simple idea. Post-it notes, what a simple idea. Chip clips, also simple... yet mind-blowingly useful for more than one use. Music, so complex and so meaningful, so many layers.... Motors in clocks, so precise. Human brains, so diligent and deep. Carrots, great discovery. Couches, nice work humans. Why aren't "coffee tables" called "feet tables" ??? Isn't that what they are mostly used for anyways? I feel it's an unfair naming system. Here are some other inaccurate labeling I feel need to be put to justice: 
- Park. NO, you do not park yourself there... you play. So it should be called a play.
- Erasable pens. NO, an erasable pen = pencil. A real pen is final. 
- Globe. NO, it's not the whole globe, so it should be called mini-world replication.
- Raindrops. Nope... should be called falling water. 
- Mouse. Actually, it is NOT a mouse, but a hand-controlled device to determine the outcome of your computer's actions. So perhaps "director" or "influencer" or maybe "hand extension."

That is all for my brain blasts. This is what I think about. Shocked? Probs not. 

Hoping you had a fantastic day. I sure did. :) 

Always believe, the best is yet to come.
taylor.m.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment