Thursday, September 20, 2012

Days, dogs, food.


Howdy, friends.

Well. Today marks us 96 days away from Christmas. Isn't that crazy? Where does the time go? I swear, sometimes it just flies out from under us. Every week I'm like "gosh, it's already Thursday?!" 

Last night was an awesome experience. If some of you didn't know I was at a fundraiser for a dog shelter in the area. I am donating all profits to the organization. If you'd like to donate to 4Luv of Dog order online at www.liasophia.com/taylormcallister and type in "4Luv of Dog" as the hostess name and all purchases will go towards the party.  It was great way for meet new people and make new friends! I found myself chatting a lot (shocker) and getting to know the neat folks who donate their time to this great place. 

Food for thought, quite literally, but isn't it strange how we eat things from everywhere? Seriously, the people who realized we could/couldn't eat things was probably just crazy adventurous. Do you think they designated a group or committee to taste the things? Why would anyone think to eat things that are buried? Like potatoes? Weird-ohs. That also makes me think of if we missed anything! What if we are missing out on an awesome food source, but we just don't know it yet? (It is very difficult to think of an awesome example of this...) But for real. Eggs? Milk?  Who was the sicko who tried a cow's milk for the first time? What were they expecting? I bet they were just trying to learn from the baby cows (often called calves). 

I really wish it were socially acceptable to be barefoot 24/7. I feel as though I'm forced to wear shoes 4.1% of the time. Realistically, I don't wear shoes at work (under my desk, is that strange?) and I don't wear shoes at home. But I do have to wear them to and from work, and for errand running. I guess I can handle the small 4.1%.

There are some really exciting people out there. Some of them are so near to us, we might walk by them all the time. But do we take the time to really get to know them? This is what I think the saying "the best things in life are free." Relationships. Conversations. Prayers. Laughs.

You are truly a blessing. 
Always believe, the best is yet to come. 
tatertothotdish

No comments:

Post a Comment