Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sleeping Beauty?

Why am I still awake?
I feel like sometimes I'm really, really tired during the afternoon/early evening...but when it comes time for bed, I'm not tired! Weird, huh?

Anyways, I'm just marveling over the concept of sleeping. Does it really promote beauty? Does my skin, hair, and nails protrude with glowing features that people classify as beautiful?! I'm not fully convinced. Also, what the heck is up with sleep anyway? I am literally unconscious, unresponsive, and completely vulnerable! I have heard it said that "sleep is the cousin of death." Well then what the heck?! I don't want to sleep at all!! But yet, it is healthy for us? Confused face.

Is there such a thing as too much sleep? Is that a disease? Perhaps, kleptomania? Wait, no. Narcolepsy! What a strange disease. Also hilarious. God must have a sense of humor.

I like to do a pep-talk every morning when I'm getting ready (aka slabbing some paint on the ole' canvas), it goes a little something like this: "WOW! You look great! Do you workout?! High five!! (then I clap my hands in the air) CHEESE (checking my teeth after a thorough brushing), boom badda bannng ... <insert horrid rap about my hair/outfit choice>....ka-POW!"  And then I touch my toes, do some last minute leg-lunges and head out the door.

That is totally normal, right?
Goodnight world. Tell yourself you look great today. I mean really great. :)

*True beauty comes from within.

2 comments:

  1. You make your momma laugh!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tay. I can totally see you doing the bathroom pep talk!

    ReplyDelete