Monday, April 15, 2013

Time IS Predictable

Hello all! 
I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. About the secret to a successful life. What do you think it is? It appears to me that all successful people have this same thing in common: determination and well-spent time. Isn't it true? Most things in life take an incredible amount of time: relationships, raises, interest on IRA accounts, self-started businesses, healthy lifestyles, art masterpieces... I mean these things don't just happen overnight! Think about how you spend your time? You don't get skinny overnight, and you don't get overweight overnight either. You don't become a billionaire by doing ordinary things. The key is to invest your precious time into something you are passionate about. 

The great thing about time is that all people have the same amount in a day! Although those days are different for everyone, we still have the opportunity to mold it into something. It's been very interesting to see how much time I take doing things. Even though I might spend 30 minutes a day on Facebook, that adds up to 3.5 hrs a week and 182 HOURS a year, which is about 8 days. 8 DAYS PEOPLE, more than a whole week. 8 days that you could've spent working out, reading, having a meaningful conversation, praying, or napping! WHAT?! And think, that's just 30 minutes a day. Do you know people who spend 3+ hrs daily watching TV?

I triple-dog dare you to take a look at the next 3 days of your life, and document how long you spend on activities. Average them out and figure out your life and what you spend time on. 

This wonderful realization of time management has some people in control, being able to discipline themselves long enough to make something wonderful out of it! With others, time management is something that controls them. It's like laziness is a disease, consuming your time that holds so much possibility and potential. 

It's amazing to me to work in the direct sales business. This is the industry where you find all levels of self discipline and time management skills. It truly is! I must say that I've been on both ends of that spectrum. It is SO evident to me that some people have total control over their business, they are the consistent achievers and high earners. This is NO trick, secret or miracle. These women earn their way to where they are. Although some might think it's true, women don't usually call me constantly until my schedule is booked. I have to work it until I get what I want. 

Isn't this true in all aspects of life? Not just business? Take a look at someone you know who has been struggling with weight issues, exercising, addictions, or keeping a healthy relationship! What do you notice? 

It may sound like I'm saying to have every minute of the day planned, and that is certainly not the case. I truly believe in taking "you" time to sharpen your saw. But what can you do to boost productivity in your daily life? Is it taking 2 minutes to drink an additional glass of water a day? Increasing your savings contributions an additional $50 a month? Time is your greatest asset, but it can also be your biggest threat to vitality. 
 

Wow. That was a really LONG post about life. Sorry to get so DEEP for mid-April.  :) 

Always believe, the best is yet to come! 
Taylor! 

1 comment: