Thursday, April 18, 2013

Garden. Haven. Taman. V1

Garden = English
Haven = Danish
Taman = Indonesian


Wow! What a great time of year it is. The snow is melting (slowly) and the sun is shining!
I have decided to plant some green things in my apartment. Some call me crazy, but I started from seeds! This extravaganza began on Thursday, March 28th!

Aren't they cute little guys? :)
Then I planted them into their individual cells during their germination period, which for my species is 7-10 days.
One of my highlights so far was when a couple of my pals sprouted before their due date! They were just so excited to get up and see who the insane lady was that was talking/singing/humming to them! (Disclaimer: that lady is me.)

I have been most impressed with the sugar snap family, they sprouted WAY early.

During the germination period, it is important to keep the little guys wet and warm. This is aided with a film that covers the top to let light in, and keep it moist. This is to stay on until they are tall and have a couple of leaves/appendages.

As we can see, the plants are STILL alive after day 7, so the good news is... I am so far successful!! Whooopie!! My plan for the plants is to keep them outside of my apartment on my balcony, and they will produce super awesome flowers and veggies.

I hope you've enjoyed my process so far. I will keep everybody updated on their progress over the next few months









2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine your blog when you have actual children! This is impressive, schwester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grand start on sustainability! Sweet..we built large garden beds and Megan planted seeds the other day. really cool :) hugs Taylor!! much love!!

    ReplyDelete