Monday, December 17, 2012

Welcome to the future. Speedometer malfunction.

Welcome to the future. 
Everyday we open our eyes is a new adventure, an exciting time to start with a fresh plate. 2013 is right around the corner. I am all about making yourself better through goal-setting, planning and executing! What are you hoping to accomplish in the new year? Is it to save more money? Become healthier? Procrastinate less? Run a marathon?

I wish for everyone to write down what you wish to achieve as we come upon this beautiful new year. 

Okay, something hilarious happened on Friday night last week. I was driving back from GF from Natalie's grad party and I was pulled over. By a cop. Bummer. If anyone knows me, I speed like I'm on a mission. And I usually am. So it makes sense. BUT- I was pulled over going 83 in a 75. If you know me, that's nothin'. I was SO angry that I was caught and I wasn't even speeding. 

I am a very safe driver (if anyone's wondering). I pride myself on being able to get out of a ticket. Some of my best ones include tears, someone being in labor, and being late for an interview. Each of which were untrue. Sorry, world.  I tried the following on Friday: "I am 100% positive that my speedometer is broken, I have timed it out between mile markers and it shows me only going 79.5 when it shows me at 82.5. So just now when you stopped me, I was indeed not speeding. What exactly did your radar say?" He replied "83 mph, and your speedometer is not broken." DANG IT. HE ISN'T CHATTY. Luckily, I pulled out my license, and most recent car insurance info (thanks Dad) and got things rolling really quickly. I then got a 'citation' and owed some po-dunk county $40.  Sweet. There goes one less Christmas present to someone....!  No dings on my insurance, and only 1 point on my license. 

Immediately after I pulled away, I called up Dad. His advice? "SLOW YOUR @$$ DOWN" hahaahaaa. Thanks, Dad. So helpful. 

Anyways, the ticket will not hinder me from speeding. Sorry folks. I can't help it. I can't stand someone else passing me. I don't know why, I just have to be faster. But that's the extent of my competitiveness. Hah.

Hope you set your goals high and your cruise higher!! :)

Always believe, the best is yet to come. 
TayTay

2 comments:

  1. I can't even comment on this one......I thought you would be smarter then this......ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember you are a ROLE MODEL...this is NOT what you want people to be modeling themselves after..............make good choices.

    ReplyDelete