Monday, November 19, 2012

Legacy of sweets.


Hi. Have you ever thought where you came from? Not like your Momma's belly... but like, your grandparents/great grandparents?
What neat people. I stopped by for a visit with my Dad's parents yesterday evening. What an enriching experience.

They know everything. I mean, they practically read my mind. It was awesome. We talked about the evolution of dishes and dishwashers. Interest rates, babies and bills.

I learned that although our physical bodies fail us over time, our minds and spirits stay sharp and alive! Seriously, my McAllister grandparents should win an award for creating such a successful, beautiful and healthy family! They are the reason for SO many people! If they hadn't met each other and decided to start a family, then I wouldn't be here. Along with my Dad, cousins, second cousins... and so on. 

I re-realized where Dad's love of sweets (and mine) come from, from Gramma's cooking and Grampa's sweet tooth! Seriously, he ate a ton of delicious food over the years! It's hard to say no to Gramma jelly and lefse. 

In light of Thanksgiving coming up, what do you enjoy most about your family? I would have to say that I am MOST grateful of my family's ability to laugh. No matter what, I always am guaranteed a good giggle at any gathering. No wonder people think I'm strange, I think everything is funny. Anyone who says that should meet my parents. Seriously, I love seeing my parents and siblings. Thankfully, my best friend and sister is only a few short minutes away from me. Not to mention, my brother's sporting activities means my parents aren't far either! :) I am grateful to have family around the area, cousins, aunts and uncles, grandparents are always close by. 

It breaks my heart to hear about those who don't have family, or who don't see their family. Family is God's greatest blessing. So this weekend, thank your family for being awesome. Say a little prayer and give thanks. 



Always believe, the best is yet to come.
Taylor

1 comment:

  1. you make me cry...so thankful for YOU!!!
    Hugs and LOVE to you darling daughter! 831
    mom

    ReplyDelete